In today’s TriState Business Insurance blog post we summarize the key advantages of your choosing to protect both your business and your personal assets via close collaboration with your local and trusted independent insurance agent. Throughout our blog post history, we usually discuss one or two elements of the advantages that independent insurance agents deliver for you. Today, we’ll consolidate them all into a single informative blog post. Here they are:
- Independent insurance agents give you a choice – Independent agents represent many different insurance companies that offer a wide variety of coverage options and price points. Most on average sell for five to eight different insurance companies. There is no need for you to accept one quote from one company, and there is no need for you to spend time filling out many different online applications to get your own quote comparisons. With their connections and their knowledge of the market, agents can often find a better value for your insurance dollar than you might find searching on your own. Agents do the shopping. You do the saving. They find you the right blend of price, coverage, and service.
- Independent insurance agents are licensed experts – Independents can explain the complexities of insurance in simple terms, helping you make smart decisions. They make a career out of assessing their customers’ insurance needs and matching them with the insurance carrier best equipped to meet those needs at a price the customer can afford. Think about it. While you might research wording for wills on the Internet, you will likely go to an attorney to ensure that the document is written correctly. Why wouldn’t you seek the advice of a licensed insurance professional to be certain that your home, your auto, or your business is properly protected?
- Independent insurance agents are personal advisers – Agents not only find you competitive pricing, they make sure you are adequately covered. Working with you face-to-face, your agent becomes your personal adviser, taking the time to listen to you and understand your individual needs. They know it is not just about finding a price you can afford; it’s also about making certain you are appropriately covered so that you don’t end up insurance-poor if you do suffer a loss.
- Independent insurance agents are your advocate – If you have a billing or claim concern, or need to change your coverage, your independent insurance agent will be your advocate, working with the insurance company on your behalf.
- Independent insurance agents are right around the corner – Independent agents are your neighbors…they share your interest in the community where you live, and understand the benefits and challenges of living in your locale. They are often highly involved in the community, sponsoring youth sports teams, buying from your local businesses, supporting school organizations, and voicing opinions at the monthly Chamber of Commerce meeting. They are right around the corner, ready to help.
- Independent insurance agents offer one-stop shopping – Independent agents can often meet all of your insurance needs with the companies they represent, providing business auto insurance, personal home insurance, renter’s insurance, and business coverage. We offer life and health insurance as well.
- Independent insurance agents are your consultants for a lifetime – Independent agents periodically review your coverage. They are there to help you through all the changes in your life, whether you’re going from renting an apartment to buying a home, starting a business, getting married, renovating your home, adding a teen driver to your auto policy, or looking to cover that retirement condo.
The clear conclusion here is the simple fact that when you work with an independent insurance agent to secure your business and/or personal insurance needs, you WILL secure the best and most comprehensive coverage for your insurance dollar.
For business and/or personal insurance in MD, DC, or VA, we are your independent insurance agents of choice.