• Tristate Business Insurance Twitter
  • Tristate Business Insurance Facebook
  • Tristate Business Insurance Pinterest
Tristate Business Insurance

Contact  Tristate Business Insurance
10400 Eaton Place, Suite 320
Fairfax, VA 22030

Tristate Business Insurance Blog

RSS Grab the Tristate Business RSS Feed!

Get e-mail notifications of new blog posts!
Enter email address below:

Delivered by FeedBurner


Inland Marine Insurance Is Important for Land Only Businesses too

- Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Despite the strange name, Inland Marine Insurance should be considered as part of a comprehensive business insurance plan. Inland marine insurance is the insurance of moving or moveable property. Its beginnings began when products were transported to non-ocean vessels like barges. But inland marine also pertains to insurance of moving or moveable property on land.

Inland Marine coverage includes property that involves an element of transportation. This type of policy covers goods in transit, including:

  • Property in transit
  • Buildings under construction
  • Computer equipment and data
  • Accounts receivable
  • Property held by a bailee
  • Fine Artwork
This type of insurance can be essential to a business insurance policy, based on the type of your business. Consider the items you put in your car for work on a regular basis.

If you are in the construction trade, Inland Marine Insurance can protect the building materials as well as a contractor’s tools and equipment.

For more information on Inland Marine Insurance for you business, contact TriState Business Insurance.